A $ 500 million power plant for energy recovery from waste in Bataan

0


BALANGA CITY – A group of businessmen from the UK are looking for a site here to build a US $ 500 million power plant, local officials said.

David Wood, a British banker, met with Bataan deputy governor Cris Garcia on Friday to discuss the proposal, which will not cost the provincial government a centavo.

The Bataan government’s only counterpart is to offer land to house the 100-megawatt power plant, Wood said.

Wood said the plant would need 1,500 tonnes of waste per day as raw material. The plant can also outsource the waste supply to the neighboring provinces of central Luzon and even Metro Manila.

The waste-to-energy plant will adopt Australian technology, known to operate with net zero emissions compared to other technologies.

Wood said under this program, waste that goes to landfill is converted into energy “thereby reducing carbon dioxide emissions.”

Last month, a Korean-Japanese investor signed a memorandum of understanding with the provincial government of Bataan to build a US $ 1 billion 600 megawatt thermal power plant.

Read more

Don’t miss the latest news and information.

To subscribe to REQUEST MORE to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and over 70 other titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download from 4 a.m. and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For comments, complaints or inquiries, Contact us.



Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply